Sunday, April 10, 2011

Forget The Budget "Who Won" Fight. We ALL Lose If We Do Not Fix Our Economy

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/264288/ending-america-we-know-it-mark-steyn?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4da1a471da69edb3%2C0

This is seriously the funniest thing I've read all weekend.  I did not read it yesterday because of the title and I was feeling optimistic and thought it was negative.  Then I read it and laughed my head off.

Hillbuzz.org has moved!!!  I can't get to it yet and I'm EXCITED and can't wait to see it.  Hopefully, it will be up and running and all of us can get back in the groove quickly.  Hillbuzz is my second home.  I love these people.  We're from all walks of life and get along.  We have our occasional fights but hey...that's life.

There's a lot of discussion about whether or not Boehner did great or whether he failed or who won and all that nonsense.  This is a big media frenzy question.  I felt the need yesterday to defend Boehner because in this day and age attacks seem to be the norm.  I EXPECT the left to attack the right whenever they open their mouths so I am in a defensive posture. Unfortunately, that allows the left to frame the narrative.  They know conservatives are defensive.

As the above eloquent article states...This country is headed for a cliff.  It is the fault of both parties.  It is a situation that has been happening for decades and nobody in government has had the balls to fix it.  The Democrats are pretending it does not exist and are spending us into oblivion and they are trying to stop the GOP from addressing the problem.

This $38 billion budget cut is not even a week's worth of spending.  It means NOTHING.  It's like a glass of water out of a lake. So in that perspective no, it is not a success. But what is successful is that the GOP has BROUGHT UP THE CONVERSATION. If we can for at least one weekend in time get the message out to the American people that if we do not fix this economic problem we are going to all be living in the dump.

We CANNOT keep walking along like nothing is happening. So to hell with the conversation about who won the budget battle.  WE ALL LOSE if we do not fix this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment